Thursday, May 21, 2009

Volunteering...A Family Affair




On Take Your Sons and Daughter to work day, I just happened to be volunteering at 8:00 am, by reading at a local group of pre-school children. My 6 and 8 year old daughter and son came with me, and they really enjoyed participating.

While there may not be a lot of formal volunteer programs designed for families, idealist.org lists some great ideas.

Since our research points to a lack of family volunteer opportunities, where volunteer programs are designed for the entire family, please share any you are aware of. We’re considering designing new a new award program and maybe one should be for the best Family Volunteer opportunities?

1 comment:

  1. My family and I are puppy raisers for New Horizons Service Dogs. It is a great family volunteering experience, even our two year old is learning to give back to others. Check out our blog at http://servicepuppy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete